Practise writing against the clock!
In the forum on this page you can see IELTS essays by people just like you. Over a year, hundreds of people added essays and comments and helped each other to get a great IELTS essay score! Have a look at their amazing writing!
Update: The forum is closed!
I had to scale back work on this forum and so the forum is now CLOSED! Sorry! However, the hundreds of essays and thousands of comments will still be here. A HUGE thanks to everyone who commented and to all the visitors. Hopefully, we've made IELTS writing less scary.
Useful Links and Tools
- IELTS Task 2 official public descriptors
- Word count and readability tool 1, from Read-Able.com
- Word count and readability tool 2, from online-utility.org
- Readability check, from Edit Central
- Readability check, from ReadabilityFormulas.com
- How to check your work in Microsoft Word
- Other Writefix recommended links
- 3773 layout (3 sentence introduction, 7 sentences in Paragraph 2, 7 sentences in Paragraph 3, three-sentence conclusion)
- Thesis sentences – why every introduction needs a thesis sentence
- Topic sentences – each paragraph in the body needs a topic sentence.
Click any of the links below to see essays on that topic.